Tuesday, October 16, 2012

An attempt at my Influence recap.

Well, here goes my first attempt at an Influence recap post.  And I'm not even sure what I really want to say.  I haven't opened my journal full of notes and thoughts.  I haven't sent follow-up emails to my stack of business cards.  I miss having a late night pizza party and laughing until I cry with my roommates who felt more like sisters to me.

I haven't really even started to process the trip as a whole.  


To say I had a great time would be an understatement.  I went with no real expectations of what kind of trip I would have - I didn't really have an agenda or a list of goals for the trip, either.

I knew I wanted to smile lots, hug even more and meet some pretty awesome women.  Oh, and wear something cuter than business attire for once.  Well, as you can see from all my photos from instagram and twitter, I have a ginormous smile on my face, and I'm standing next to some pretty awesome gals - most of them received a bear-hug from me before we took a picture.  Oh, and I got to wear my cowgirl boots for like 3 days in a row.  Mission accomplished.

I learned oh-so-much.  My brain is working overtime, y'all.  I have my list, full of goals and dreams.

But more than anything, my heart is full.  Even though it was overwhelming and at times, I felt like I had no idea what I was doing, everything made sense on Saturday night.  To close out the weekend, we had an hour of worship.  And it was heavenly.  Nothing else mattered to me at that moment.  All the times I heard "you're not good enough", "no one is listening to you", "you don't matter" - they were all wiped away and replaced with "you are mine and precious and you mean something." And that's what Influence was all about - to make much of Him and to spread the good news.

I know some of you were following the #influenceconf, and you saw the same good news this weekend - through pictures and tweets and posts...you saw a group of women radiating the love of Christ.  If you don't believe me, check it out yourself.

myself + mama pea = pure joy, y'all!

One of my favorite bloggers, Sarah Matheny/Mama Pea (who I totally love and nearly peed my pants when I got to hug her neck) said in her own recap:
"And this inexplicable moment.  Right now.
When I feel both hollow and full.
When I am sad to have left but overjoyed to be home.
When I feel like I have nothing left to share, but hear Him saying, “I’m not done with you yet."


I love those words, because she is so right.  So, I'm at the end of my sharing (for the time being), and I'm waiting, waiting to see what He does...and I cannot wait!

some of my favorite pictures from instagram...












9 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel ;)

    I wish we could have spent more time together, but hopefully now that my spiritual jitters are gone, we can connect again next year at the conference. I want to be around your sparkly, shining Spirit that speaks so freely of Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I briefly got to meet you! :) I loved this conference and hope I get to go back next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a wonderful time! I'm sad I didn't go, but this just confirms that I WON"T MISS IT NEXT YEAR!

    You look adorable in every single picture!

    Lets get together for supper again! I want to hear all about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took some great pictures - I especially love the one where it looks like you are all doing model poses! It was so great to meet you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "pixie" pic was one of my favs from the whole weekend!! Such a joy to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad we got to meet. You are just about the sweetest thing, and that's not something I'm usually inclined to say, so you know I mean it. Loved that we got to be like an extension of your room in a way....I'm so thankful for the connection with you girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so glad we got to meet & talk! i can't wait to read your thoughts about our time at influence. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just adorable sista! So glad I got to meet you at Influence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun! What a fabulous conference.

    ReplyDelete