Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Facing my fears.


If you’ve been on my page more than one time, you probably have heard a thing or two about our Annie Louise.  She’s our wild, independent and sassy 2-year old.  
And she’s adorable.
I love watching her explore our world…and oftentimes, I’m a little bit jealous.  
Why?  

Because she’s fearless.  
She’s sees something she wants, and she goes for it – no matter if it’s the milk jug at the top of the fridge, that Barbie doll that’s trapped under the laundry, or the mini marshmallows that I try to hide, but she always finds them.
She goes for it all.  No inhibitions, no excuses, just pure excitement.
Me, on the other hand?
I’m the complete opposite.
I write down my lists…lists of pros, of cons, of things that might happen.  I list outside forces that could affect my decision, what other people might think about me.  Blah, blah, blah, blah.  The list never ends.
And most of the time? I choke.  I back out.  I give up.
Then, the worst thing happens…I regret.
There isn’t a worse feeling (to me) than regret.  If only I had…I wish I would have…things would be so much different if I had…


I know that I can’t really face all of my fears all the time.  But, I do know that I can face some of them most of the time…with a little help. 
For, I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. – Isaiah 41:13 
Today is a new start for me – a more bold Lena emerges.  I’m ready to attack those fears and do it with Him.  
I’m ready to tell that little voice inside me that says "you can't do it", that he's wrong.  I’m ready to pray harder than I’ve ever prayed before…to have the Holy Spirit move in and through me.  
Are you ready? Who’s joining me?  What fears have been keeping you from reaching your fullest potential in Him?  
Let me pray for you and let’s do big things for Him starting now!

2 comments:

  1. I just got a phone call for a new job, that I was hesitant about. I accepted it, however, I was fearful of the change. Don't get me wrong, I need this job, but I have been at the same job for over 10 year- since the day after we graduated from high school. Thank you for this...it blessed me at exactly the right time! Have a great day! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO GIRL! You can do ANYTHING! You are amazing! God is going to use you in mighty ways! I'll join you! You KNOW I'm a fearful soul. I don't want to be anymore though!

    ReplyDelete